Under the authority of the production supervisor, the person occupying the position of team leader is called upon to ensure the smooth running of daily production operations, compliance with company quality standards and manufacturing deadlines. The person must also manage employees in the packaging or gratin sector, train new employees assigned to the sector, thereby optimizing the operational efficiency of the organization.
Personnel Management Responsibilities
- According to the instructions of the immediate superior, organizes and trains new employees in his section.
- Ensure at all times that the work environment is clean and safe.
- Good location and use of suitable tools
- Covered drains
- Safety devices for functional equipment.
- Enforce and apply company health and safety rules.
- Ensure that employees respect personal protective equipment.
- Promote Zero accidents
- Prevent dangerous situations and implement the appropriate corrective measures.
- Notify his superior when dangerous circumstances are identified,
- Mark off risk areas using cones or banners.
Packaging or gratin production
As a Packaging or Gratin Team Leader you must organize the work and manage the employees of the sector:
- Ensure the rotation of employees at the various packaging or gratin positions: Inspection table, palletizing, turntable, box shaker, gratin bagger, gratin boxing.
- Organize and enforce break times.
- Motivate employees in the sector
- Train new employees
- Inspect, weigh and constantly check the quality of the packaging and the gratin of the finished product according to the standards pre-established by the quality control department:
- periodically checking the temperature of the fries or gratin
- verification of the quality of the bags and the weight of the products
- checking the codes on the boxes and bags, place the bags or small boxes on the correct side in the box.
- Communicate with the equipment operator to report any product quality problem related to the reliability of the equipment; this in case you are assigned to packaging. If this is the case, he must adjust the equipment, and if it is impossible to return to the normal operating state of the equipment must immediately notify his supervisor or maintenance;
- NB: If you are assigned to the gratin, you must operate the gratin bagger and other equipment in the sector;
- Complete all production documents and ensure the accuracy of the information recorded;
- Ensure that employees at each station perform the task correctly and more particularly the quality of sorting at the inspection station in order to minimize the rate of rejections from the packaging or Gratin;
- Follow up on departmental inventories and anticipate needs in collaboration with the receiving / shipping department;
- In the event that you are assigned, you should plan in advance with the packing operator and supervisor for effective product change;
- Respect and enforce the health requirements according to HACCP standards to all employees of the department;
- Must transfer information to the team taking over before leaving their workstation.
- In the packaging section, work with the packaging operator to enter information into the tile board (product and downtime);
- Participate in the improvement of working methods.
- Must keep his work area clean at all times using cleaning product as needed (eg floor and worktable, empty waste containers of non-compliant products);
- Must meet health standards according to HACCP standards.
- Empty the waste containers of non-compliant products;
Education: High school completed
- Insurance (death, dental, disability, life, medical and paramedical coverage)
- Performance bonuses
- Professional training and development program
- Free parking
- Company-supplied uniform
Join our team
Please note that we will only contact those chosen for an interview. You can also apply in person at:
142, route 202, # 203
Huntingdon (QC) Canada J0S 1H0