We are currently looking for a Buyer to join our team. Under the authority of the Senior Supply Chain Director, the person occupying the position of Purchaser replenishes raw materials, manages supplier orders and ensures their follow-up. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with several stakeholders from different sectors: logistics, planning, production, quality, finance, shipping / receiving and sales. The buyer will also be responsible for establishing, monitoring and reporting key performance indicators (KPIs) related to supplier performance (on-time delivery and quality), including that of the procurement function. The Buyer will work closely with the Supply Chain Specialist to establish annual cost reduction targets and execute initiatives to reduce product cost and implement sourcing best practices. In addition, he will have to actively support the implementation of the new ERP system (Syspro) to ensure that the existing and improved functionalities will be integrated, thus making it possible to optimize the operational efficiency of the organization.
DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES & STRATEGIC PLANNING
- The senior buyer will support the long-term strategic planning of the Sales & Operations process from a procurement perspective in order to secure long term supply.
- Collaborates with the various internal stakeholders to ensure timely update of raw inventories availability, support in problematic cases (such as under production, capacity of a service, cost overruns, unforeseen delays, etc.) in order to identify the corrective actions to be taken;
- Look at optimizing current procurement planning and purchasing processes to ensure timely adjustment of the procurement plan to adapt to the changing environment in production, in order to minimize inventory and ensure on-time delivery of raw material and packing to the line.
- Replenishes goods and services required for production (ingredients, packaging, etc.) according to the demand established in the master purchasing plan taking into account the inventories in stock.
- Issues purchase orders;
- Follow up on orders, obtain the necessary confirmations, follow up on out-of-stock material, maintain and update the delivery schedule.
- Make purchase order revisions in accordance with product schedule changes;
- Establish a procurement strategy for each of our high-cost driver commodities (eg. Raw / Batter / Boxes / Oil / Pallets / poly etc..) by looking at annual volumes & negotiating pricing based on forecast in order to optimize supplier selection and reduce cost.
- Monitor and adjusts the levels of stocks, min-max, MOQ and days of inventories;
- Keep information in the system up to date (supplier data, current price list, delivery time, economic quantity, etc.).
- Work to optimize current process to adjust min / max levels based on historical consumption rates so as to ensure re-order quantities are accurate and procured in a timely fashion.
- Support inventory reduction initiatives.
- Actively manage supplier deliveries by ensuring supplier’s confirmation of purchase orders and required delivery dates. Take necessary action to resolve potential delivery issues and escalate within supplier senior management in a timely fashion. When necessary, escalate within own organization to leverage immediate supervisor support. Highlight potential delivery risk in advance for close follow-up.
- In collaboration with supply chain specialist, work to put in place supplier contracts with Supplier having spend greater than $1m annually. Support supervisor and supply chain specialist in development of Contract Boilerplate with Russet House terms and conditions.
- Administer vendor contracts to ensure supplier adherence to terms and conditions, any applicable discounts or credits are applied in a timely fashion, and validation of any price escalation.
- Coordinates lead-time and delivery times between supplier and logistic group, communicates any quality or non-conformance issue for supplier immediate corrective action. Follow-up with supplier to ensure corrective action is implemented to avoid future occurrence.
- Conduct supply chain reviews with key suppliers as necessary to ensure available capacity based on 6-12 month forecast, review supplier’s quality & delivery performance, progress of any new product development / introduction, and cost reduction initiatives undertaken by supplier.
- Coordinate lead times and expedite orders when required. Work with supplier to reduce lead-time for maximum flexibility. Negotiate maximum re-scheduling flexibility with suppliers to allow for reduction of PO qty and/or push-out of delivery dates in order to adjust to changes in the production schedule. This is crucial to minimizing unwanted inventory and external warehouse usage.
- Issue Supplier RFQ or RFP upon contract renewal, price expiry, or as required to ensure we are contracting the best product and service at the most competitive market price. Use procurement strategy to call upon existing and new potential suppliers to bid within a competitive environment. Position Russet House as key player in Sweet Potato Fry business and leverage Russet House high product quality and growth potential in the market.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with current and potential suppliers. Establish relationship with supplier at all working levels including senior management levels. Coordinate Annual Business Reviews with key supplier senior management (VP, President, Owners) and senior Russet House management to review status of current and future business, supplier performance, new business potential, and to stay current on supplier’s product and customer base.
- Support supply chain specialist and supervisor in preparation for monthly supply chain reviews to present actual vs budget cost for each commodity, status of cost savings, initiatives, and supplier and procurement KPI’s.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to support roll-out of new ERP system (Syspro) and ensure Supply Chain and Procurement requirements are understood, articulated, and implemented.
- May be called upon to support procurement activity related to logistics such as transportation, and external warehousing, as well as procurement of non-product such as maintenance consumables or CAPEX expenditures for plant machinery/equipment. Work with stakeholders to understand their (i.e., logistics team and/or maintenance/production team) requirements and ensure proper specifications are created (as required) and provided to potential suppliers in formal RFP process. Ensure we make proper supplier and equipment selection and in the most economical way with the most favourable conditions.
- Perform any other task entrusted to him by his immediate superior or aimed at meeting the specific expectations that may be communicated to him/her by the latter.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management
- Minimum of 7-10 years in a similar position
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite;
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Assets: Food industry experience, ERP / KANBAN knowledge
- Sense of planning and organization
- Anaytical and synthetical mind
- Communication skills and professionalism when dealing with external clients
- Attention to detail, autonomy and initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and tolerance to change
- Insurance (death, dental, disability, life, medical and paramedical coverage)
- Performance bonuses
- Bonis de performance
- Professional training and development program
- Free parking
- Company-supplied uniform
Join our team
Please note that we will only communicate with the people who will be selected for an interview. You can also go in person to the following address:
142, road 202, # 203
Huntingdon (QC) Canada J0S 1H0