Production operator (packaging)
Under the authority of the Production Supervisor, the person occupying the job of Production Operator level 1 is responsible for the proper functioning of packaging equipment, conveyors, scales, wrappers, bag printers, barcode camera, metal detector, X-ray detector, boxing machine, box printer and case sealer. The operator should also complete required tracking documents such as timesheets and other.
- Ensure at all times that the premises are clean, tidy and the equipment safe.
- Anticipate all dangerous situations and implement the appropriate corrective measures.
- Operate equipment in his/her sector so as to meet product quality and safety requirements as well as at the required production rate.
- Be able to make basic equipment adjustments to ensure proper operation of the equipment listed above in production. He must also be able to:
- When there is a change in variety that requires changes or adjustments to the equipment under his responsibility.
- Select the program corresponding to the product to come for each packer and make the appropriate adjustments, i.e. fine tuning, (Temperature, sealing time. Etc …) for each product and poly type;
- Make the change in the required product time.
- Select the program corresponding to the product to come for each scale and make the appropriate adjustments; brushes, vibration and target weight of each scale;
- Select the program corresponding to the product to come for each Domino printer and enter the required codes and information;
- Enter the information corresponding to the codes to be printed on the boxes in the printer;
- Make the necessary adjustments to the cartoner for the upcoming box size;
- Make adjustments to case sealers;
- Select the program corresponding to the product to come in the metal detectors and X-ray detectors;
- Calibrate the detectors once the corresponding products have been selected.
- Must work closely with the Packing Team Leader to ensure that employees at each workstation are keeping pace with the equipment.
- Communicate with the electro-mechanic and the supervisor in case of a problem with one of the equipment.
Maintenance / Continuous improvement
- Ensure that the maintenance of the jaws and knives of the packers is carried out at the end of the shift;
- Carry out all adjustments, tightening, cleaning, visits and inspections (autonomous maintenance) to ensure optimal operation of the equipment in its sector.
- Enter information into the tile board (product and downtime);
- Inform the next shift operator of the status of the equipment before leaving the workstation.
- Participate in the development of training materials on the sector’s equipment;
- In collaboration with the maintenance department and the operational team, you must implement new operating procedures to reduce downtime.
Food quality and safety
- Must maintain equipment and work environment in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
- Must participate in the cleaning and maintenance of equipment in their area.
- Sense of obsevation
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to concentrate and manage work time
- Tolerance for pressure
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Insurance (dental, medical and paramedical expenses, life, salary, travel, disability)
- Performance bonus
- Training and development program
- Free parking
- Uniform provided
Join our team
Please note that we will only communicate with the people who will be selected for an interview. You can also go in person to the following address:
142, road 202, # 203
Huntingdon (QC) Canada J0S 1H0