Production operator (packaging)
Under the authority of the Production Supervisor, the person occupying the job of Production Operator level 1 is responsible for the proper functioning of packaging equipment, conveyors, scales, wrappers, bag printers, barcode camera, metal detector, X-ray detector, boxing machine, box printer and case sealer. The operator should also complete required tracking documents such as timesheets and other.
- Ensure at all times that the premises are clean, tidy and the equipment safe.
- Anticipate all dangerous situations and implement the appropriate corrective measures.
- In the event of any intervention (cleaning, etc.) on the conveyors, make sure that all energy sources are cut off.
- Operate equipment in his/her sector so as to meet product quality and safety requirements as well as at the required production rate.
- Be able to make basic equipment adjustments to ensure proper operation of the equipment listed above in production. He must also be able to:
- Change the poly roll during production;
- Maintain production jaws in functions by cleaning knives and replacing Teflon tape as needed;
- Replace ribbons in Domino printers;
- Replace ink cartridges in Marsh printers.
- When changing varieties which require changes or adjustments to the equipment under his responsibility.
- Must work closely with the Packaging Team Leader to ensure that employees at each workstation keep pace with the production rate.
- Communicate with the electro mechanic and the Supervisor in the event of a problem with any of the equipment.
Maintenance / Continuous improvement
- Ensure that the maintenance of the jaws and knives of the packers is carried out at the end of the shift;
- Enter information in “Tile Board” (product and downtime);
- Inform the Operator of the next shift of the condition of the equipment before leaving his workstation.
Food quality and safety
- Must maintain equipment and work environment in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
- Must participate in the cleaning and maintenance of equipment in his sector
- Sens of obsevation
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to concentration
- Tolerance for pressure
- Attention to details
- Insurance (dental, medical and paramedical expenses, life, salary, travel, disability)
- Performance bonus
- Training and development program
- Free parking
- Uniform provided
Join our team
Please note that we will only communicate with the people who will be selected for an interview. You can also go in person to the following address:
142, road 202, # 203
Huntingdon (QC) Canada J0S 1H0