We are looking for a graduate from the DEP in electrical mechanic, who will conduct the installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting in order to comply with the productivity, quality and security objectives of all production equipment. Working closely with the Production Supervisor on-site, the candidate will also take the inherent actions of the company’s preventive maintenance plan.
Planning and organizing
- Conduct repair and tuning operations on production equipment with prior authorization to proceed.
- Answer emergency calls when mechanical and electrical issues occur, depending on the established priorities.
- Conduct preventive maintenance operations based on an established calendar or upon the request of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Analyze, establish diagnosis and intervene during production issues related to maintenance and help solve them while ensuring continuity on the production line.
- Store inventory parts according to each equipment and prepare and repair any defective part.
- Offer technical support to production and other departments.
- Organize your work area and files to be easily assisted in case of emergency.
Training, quality and security
- Inspect and test equipment to ensure their efficiency and improve their quality and reliability and notify the Production Supervisor of any detected defected.
- Ensure the good functioning of certain production parts and make the necessary adjustments when needed, while complying with safety regulations.
- Conduct the preventive maintenance operations on production equipment.
- Comply with the lockout procedures at all times and wear the personal protective equipment provided by the employer.
- Make sure you have the hot work permit and the necessary authorizations to conduct the work.
- Use and manipulate cleaning products when needed and follow the WHMIS safety regulation to suppress risks of danger.
- Comply with food production inherent regulations (sanitary and safety) when conducting any task.
- Document all maintenance work according to the procedures put in place (fill out work orders, etc.).
- Conduct follow-ups and corrections with the preventive maintenance software.
- Fill out the required preventive maintenance reports and keep them updated on an established schedule.
- Report any part used for replacement from the inventory to the supervisor.
- Participate in a transition meeting at the beginning of each work shift for information transfert.
- Supply any pertinent document requested by the immediate supervisor.
Education: DEP in Electrical Mechanic
- Knowledge in the fields of programmable logic controller and programming languages;
- Knowledge in welding for the food industry
- Reading electrical and mechanical plans;
- Good knowledge of the Windows environment (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Minimum 2 years of pertinent experience
Required skills and personal abilities:
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Ability for team work and precision, autonomy, efficiency and thoroughness in their follow-ups;
- Priority and stress management, along with good judgment and observation skills;
- Great physical endurance and fine motor skills;
- Available, on-time and polite;
- Bilingualism (French and English, oral and written).
- Insurance (death, dental, disability, life, medical and paramedical coverage)
- Performance bonuses
- Professional training and development program
- Free parking
- Company-supplied uniform
Join our team
Please note that we will only communicate with the people who will be selected for an interview. You can also go in person to the following address:
142, road 202, # 203
Huntingdon (QC) Canada J0S 1H0