Under the supervision of the Senior Plant Manager, the employee will undertake an advisory role to the administrators and act as the contact person to the employees when it comes to occupational health and safety. The Preventionist will be in charge of managing and following-up on accident and incident cases, and will lead the organization’s health and safety committee. Your mission will be to act as a strategic partner, to promote a prevention culture and to maintain a safe work environment.
The position holder will have to formulate recommendations, treat requests and event reports, provide assistance during investigations, and develop management tools. The person will have to create and offer training, establish action plans and organize activities to promote prevention, and occupational health and safety, by providing a presence on-site and coordinate with the work of other parties.
- Act as a contact person for occupation health and safety and perform a support, advisory and lookout role for the management and teams.
- Receive service requests or event reports and, depending on the case, treat them, conduct follow-ups on investigations and provide assistance or refer to a pertinent resource.
- Promote occupational health and safety by providing a presence on the floor.
- Participate in the management of hazardous material.
- Coordinate all necessary activities for the work environment to be safe.
- Work in collaboration with the different actors of the plant in order to identify and eliminate risks of accidents.
- Analyze work stations to improve their ergonomy.
- Advise the supervisors in order to reach the planned goal.
- Interact with all levels of the organization and have an active presence on the floor, most specifically with the employees.
- Lead the health and safety committee.
- Lead the mandatory health and safety training (forklift, first aid, etc.) and make sure that the register is up-to-date.
- Participate in the risks identification and assessment initiatives and, if necessary, conduct risk analyses.
- Inspect work areas and conduct conformity audits.
- Ensure the conformity to legal requirements and support the implementation, execution and maintaining of health and safety programs.
- Constantly be on the lookout for occupational health and safety laws and rules and vulgarize the information to all parties.
- Prepare different statistics reports and maintain the performance indicators.
- Organize thematic workshops on subjects related to occupational health and safety.
- Lead training and awareness workshops.
Education: Ergonomy training and Health and Safety Certificate or equivalent
- 5 years of pertinent experience
- Great awareness of health and safety laws, standards and rules
- Great ability to interact with people, form trusting relationships and promote collaboration to develop and bring projects to term.
- Ability to take action when facing a devious situation and to be firm on the necessity to follow the rules.
- Listening, analysis, synthesis and writing abilities
- Ability to organize and diligently follow-up on cases
- Ability to entertain groups and talk before teams
- Ability to collaborate with the team and provide information on their cases.
- Insurance (dental, death, disability, life, travel, medical and paramedical coverage)
- Performance bonuses
- Professional training and development program
- Free parking
- Company-supplied uniform
Join our team
Please note that we will only communicate with the people who will be selected for an interview. You can also go in person to the following address:
142, road 202, # 203
Huntingdon (QC) Canada J0S 1H0