Chef Financial Officer
Under the authority of the President and Chief Executive Officer, the person occupying the position of Chief Financial Officer is called upon to work closely with the latter and senior executives to consider their strategic and financial development. It also presents the annual accounts to investors. CFO’s mission is to monitor the profitability and solvency of the company, to anticipate its development strategy and the necessary financing and investments. He plays a key role in the organization.
DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES & STRATEGIC PLANNING
- In collaboration with the President, fully contributes to the development of company strategy in all areas of the company, challenging assumptions and decision making, and providing financial analysis and advice on all activities, plans, targets and operational factors;
- Plays a leading role in the annual budget process and the strategic planning process;
- Provide leadership in the financial and accounting strategy in order to optimize the financial performance and the strategic position of the company;
- Ensures full transparency on the financial performance of the company;
- Proposes action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are met;
- Analyzes data and prepares executive summaries for operational, financial and strategic decision making;
- Sits on the management committee.
PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the work of members of its finance department;
- Responsible for the overall operational efficiency of financial operations made by members of his team in accordance with company policies;
- Ensures the quality of work from the entire finance department according to internal procedures and company requirements.
- Determines the staffing needs of the finance department;
- Participate in the hiring process and the final selection of finance staff;
- Ensures the proper integration of new finance staff.
- Participates in the first place in the disciplinary aspect of his team (management and / or performance gap);
- Responsible for labor relations within his department.
- Called upon to make final recommendations to management regarding performance reviews of finance department employees.
- Ensures the overall control of the accounting function of the company;
- Is responsible for the efficient management of accounting operations including accounts payable, receivable and invoicing;
- Is responsible for financial reporting;
- Ensures that the company’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current operations and future growth;
- Ensures that corporate budgeting processes are executed and reviewed;
- Is responsible for the company’s cash management policies;
- Ensures that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met;
- Manages financial controls and accounting procedures;
- Coordinate and produce all required tax documentation;
- Responsible for fiscal integrity, policies and procedures, budget systems, internal controls, etc.;
- Oversees the preparation of all monthly and quarterly reports and invoices to the various granting agencies, as required, and ensures that reports are completed in a timely manner;
- Monitors daily cash flow and make appropriate decisions to maximize cash position;
- Keeps information systems and accounting IT management software up to date;
- Manage the annual audit process and ensure that the audit is completed in a timely manner.
- Establishes a high level of credibility and manages strong working relationships with external parties, including clients and advisors;
- Manages company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as applicable;
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results.
- University degree in accounting, finance or related and CPA designation
- Minimum of 15 years in a management position + 10 years in a personnel management position
- Oral and written bilingualism.
- Experience in a manufacturing company preferably in a food environment.helor
- Experience with the integrated system Syspro or another ERP system.
- Insurance (death, dental, disability, life, medical and paramedical coverage)
- Performance bonuses
- Professional training and development program
- Free parking
- Company-supplied uniform
Join our team
Please note that we will only communicate with the people who will be selected for an interview. You can also go in person to the following address:
142, road 202, # 203
Huntingdon (QC) Canada J0S 1H0